Todd Miller / Youth & Family Minister
I am blessed to be married to Marcie as we have the privilege of raising 4 boys together! While there is a mighty river of testosterone at our house, we desire to be a river of life to the community of Northwest Arkansas. I love the opportunity to speak life to teenagers and their families as we journey with Jesus Christ together. My prayer is that teens will continue to discover the depths of their identity in Christ as New Creations, and how to overflow with joy from the Spirit to those around them for His glory. We pray the teens come to know a loving Father through the person of Jesus, as they find their purpose in the body of Christ. Ephesians 3:20-21!
5 Essentials of Bentonville Youth Ministry
There are certain ‘essentials’ our youth at Bentonville church of Christ need to be grounded in by the time they graduate from high school. For the following essentials to take root within the hearts and minds of our teens, they are to be ‘ongoing conversations’ that weave into everything we do. It’s important for these essentials to become a lifestyle of thoughts, words, and actions as we have a unique opportunity to plant the seeds and strengthen roots on a daily basis.
1. The Bible (Word of God) is living truth inspired by the Holy Spirit, always pointing us to Jesus Christ.
2. To know a good and loving Father through the person of Jesus Christ.
3. A deeper understanding of our union with Christ as a New Creation, a branch to the Vine.
4. How to honor/respect each other as servant-leaders through love and speaking life.
5. The importance of renewing our mind of the Good News, as we become aware of the lies of the enemy.
To read more about these essentials and their Biblical foundations, click here.